Ice Hockey season -
- October 2nd through December 20th.
- Practices and games are listed on the calendar and they vary from week to week so be sure to download and print from the "Calendar" tab above. Times are generally evenings 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm.
- Each relatively accomplished skater will be scheduled for at least 2 one hour sessions a week.
- Beginners (learn to skate) will start with one 1 hour session a week until they are competent enough to be moved up with the regular skaters. This will vary greatly from child to child.
- Membership in USA Hockey is mandatory. Registration (re-registration) begins August 1st. Click HERE to register or re-register. The registration for kids 4 thru 6 is free. Age 7 and above is $40 plus $8 for MWAHA membership in order to be eligible for insurance and all the other USA Hockey benefits including price breaks on equipment, advice and the monthly magazine.
- Minimum equipment is helmet, gloves, stick and, of course, skates. Skate rental is available at the United Wireless Arena.
- Magouirk Chevrolet in Dodge City is providing jerseys, rental equipment sets including helmets gloves and sticks ($70) for kids up to about age 10 depending on size. For older, larger kids Magouirk is also planning to have some equipment available.
Kids ages 4 thru 18 are welcome. WE TEACH THEM TO SKATE!! Contact us if you'd like to try coaching.